Friday, December 09, 2005

Top 10: Bah Humbug!


I got a memo today about how, when writing about film, I'm obligated to at least occasionally act the part of the grumpy, pretentious killjoy. So for this week's list, I've put together what I consider to be the ten worst films on the list of 100 highest-grossing movies of all time (found here). This isn't solely for the sake of being contrarian and elitist; it's always a lot of fun when a seriously great movie is also a big popular success. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. Next to these films are their respective grosses in millions - consider how many tickets these sold. Way to go, America.

1. Armageddon ($201)
2. Bruce Almighty ($242)
3. My Big Fat Greek Wedding ($241)
4. Pearl Harbor ($198)
5. What Women Want ($182)
6. Pretty Woman ($178)
7. Mrs. Doubtfire ($219)
8. Jurassic Park III ($181)
9. 'Crocodile' Dundee ($174)
10. Mission: Impossible II ($215)

Please feel free to be an insufferable snob on the comments board.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Michael Bay sucks. Well, at least The Island bombed and maybe now he won't get to make another film. No wait, he gets to tackle The Transformers!

Mother Fucker
Jess

Max said...

I know why you wanna hate me...
I know why you wanna hate me...
I know why you wanna hate me...
'CAUSE HATE'S THE ONLY THING THE WORLD'S SEEN LATELY!
DUH-DUH DA DA DUH-DUH
BASS!