Friday, November 21, 2008

Cinevistaralphabet




Paul Clark has tagged me with The Alphabet Meme that orignated at Blog Cabins. The original concept - to pick a favorite movie to represent each letter of the alphabet - has been tweaked by various authors who've written about alternate favorites, guilty pleasures, underseen movies and movies they'd like to revisit (or see for the first time). But I'm going to be boring and stick with the "favorite movies" idea - the appeal of memes like this, to me, is to follow the formula and discover anomalies. I like the idea of this list as an alternate all-time top 26. It's not really Bizarro me, but a me-not-me who I basically agree with but has omitted a few favorites and (thanks to Q and X) has a special place in his heart for Marvel adaptations and Australian sci-fi.
Apocalypse Now
Blue Velvet
Carrie
Dawn of the Dead
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
The Fly
The Godfather Part II
Halloween
Inferno
Jaws
Kill Bill vol. 2
Lawrence of Arabia
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Nashville
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Persona
The Quiet Earth
Raging Bull
The Shining
2001: A Space Odyssey
Un Chien Andalou
Vertigo
Wings of Desire
X2
Y tu mama Tambien
Zodiac

Edited to add: Oh yeah, I forgot to pass this on. Let's go with Neil, Greg, Allen, Jess and Jess.

No comments: