Sunday, November 27, 2005
The Trim Bin #4
- David Bowie will play Nikola Tesla in a film directed by Christopher Nolan. The film will also feature Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman as dueling magicians. Life is good.
- This trailer made the audience I saw it with laugh. I can't say they were wrong.
- If you see this, you are not fit to serve in my beloved Corps.
- The Cinemark in South Hadley, which has fast become one of my favorite cinemas, is showing Gremlins on Friday at midnight. Anyone who'd like to come is welcome. Doug, you can be sure I'll be thinking of you.
- The Top 10 Directors lists have been great. I was thinking today: what filmmaker blew his/her chances to make your top 10 more spectacularly than any other? I was thinking of Francis Coppola - every film he made in the 70's is an inarguable classic, then he gradually slid from interesting to uneven to bad to inactive. Who let you down?
- Another question, for personal reference: what is the most you would pay for a 35mm trailer of A Nightmare on Elm Street 2?