Friday, April 14, 2006

Top 10: Audience Identification


These are the ten movie characters I most closely identify with. Not because their life situation has a striking resemblance to mine - in some cases, there is no obvious relation. These are simply the characters I most sympathize with. I'll leave it to you to figure out why, because damned if I know.

1. Mike Waters (River Phoenix), My Own Private Idaho
2. Jeffrey Beaumont (Kyle MacLachlan), Blue Velvet
3. Bobby Dupea (Jack Nicholson), Five Easy Pieces
4. Lux Lisbon (Kirsten Dunst), The Virgin Suicides
5. Larry (Clive Owen), Closer
6. Thomas Jerome Newton (David Bowie), The Man Who Fell to Earth
7. Mookie (Spike Lee), Do the Right Thing
8. Steve Zissou (Bill Murray), The Life Aquatic
9. Betty Elms (Naomi Watts), Mulholland Drive
10. "Quiz Kid" Donnie Smith (William H. Macy), Magnolia

No comments: