Tuesday, September 05, 2006


Stop Making Sense or Raging Bull?

UPDATED: Looks like I'll have to cast the tiebreaker vote again. This pains me to do because the pro-Stop Making Sense comments are very sweet (always go with your heart). But my heart tells me to go with Raging Bull; borne out of desperation (Scorsese had just gone through a period of physical and emotional breakdown), it speaks to me in a way few films have - it touches the transcendent. But you emphatic Stop Making Sense fans, please hang around for the eventual wild card races.

5 comments:

Dr. Criddle said...

Raging Bull

Sam said...

While Raging Bull is amazing Stop Making Sense is maybe one of the best music videos ever. You can't beat David Byrne singing Psycho Killer with just a tape player and acoustic guitar.

Electronic Pussy Sucker said...

Raging Bull

Anonymous said...

normally i would vote for raging bull, but my heart says stop making sense

stennie said...

Shoot, I didn't see this one until too late. I would have gone with Stop Making Sense. I know this is a great sin, but Raging Bull has never appealed to me.